Monday, August 22, 2011

Deep Thoughts

For the past couple months I have been training pretty hard for a 1/2 marathon coming up this Saturday. Its been a lot of hard work having the motivation and discipline to stay on schedule. I love running but when it gets into the 7+ range, it loses the stress relieving feeling more to a stress making activity. I know that when I actually finish the race I will feel really proud of my hard work.

There are so many different body types in this world it is amazing. I myself have a very athletic build there are many times when I see these tiny, size 00 girls walking around, and yes there is a slight envy inside of me wishing that I was blessed with that. I am sure a lot of you can relate when I say there are times I work my butt of for a while eating right, exercise, sleep and low amounts of stress, only to be disappointed by not seeing a magical number on the scale. Sometimes not seeing any difference whatsoever. Discouraging. I try to stay upbeat about it and press forward with more goals no matter what happens.
 

The whole point of this post was for me to relay some random thoughts. There are people struggling with not just weight loss but goals in general to never give up. I don't know about anybody else, but I have always seen so many of my friends and people around me doing these amazing things, and I think to myself wow they are so talented. I have this inner desire to make a difference, or do something of value. So I am committing myself this week to do something different, that expands my ability a little more than today. If you have any ideas let me know.


2 comments:

  1. First off the picture you used on this post is awesome. If I could meet that yellow man and he was alive, I would for sure hang out with him for at least a couple days. I admire his good posture. If he was to put that last piece in the bridge I am a little worried he may not be able to bend low enough to get it in place.

    I love when you do a new post...it is probably one of my favorite things. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me Ash, and you need to remember that forever!!

    If you keep doing exactly what you are doing, I don't think you need to change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a blog post!! haha.. I admire YOU for all of your races, and am very envious that you can run more than a mile without hacking your lungs out...loovvee yyoouu xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete