Monday, August 29, 2011

Race Recap

I can't believe it is over! What an accomplishment, for anyone who has ever ran a half marathon I give them props. It is not an easy task. On Sunday morning Matt got a text that said I finished 8th in my age group. My time was 1 hour 50 min, and the first place in my age group was 1 hour 42 minutes. I am truly proud of myself, something like that I wouldn't have even thought possible.

Jill, Rachel, Stan and I were all geared up to run the night before. We started our carb load with some spaghetti and bread. I think I speak for everyone when I say sleeping was hard to do, waking up every hour checking the clock. I finally got out of bed at 4:15, got dressed and ate some Mini Wheats for breakfast. Rachel's friend Krista picked gave us all a ride to the buses where we road for about 20 minutes to the starting line. I wish I had my camera to show you the lines for the bathrooms. It was ridiculous. I would usually say "why didn't they just go before" but I was in the line too. Its those nerves! Anyways we finally got in line for the race and heard the gun go off. We were lucky because it was such a nice morning and we were shaded for most of the race. The first 7 miles were in a canyon, and the last 6 were through neighborhoods and finally ended at Zollinger Park. We were lucky enough to have everyone cheering for us at the finish line. It was nice to see some friendly faces! Here is an over load of pictures, enjoy!













WE DID IT!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh ash, as always, I want to be you when I grow up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rockstar, seriously.....I am trying to get motivated for my half this fall and it's not happening. I wish that all the athletic genes in the family hadn't gone to you!!! You look great and I am so proud of you for doing this, maybe we can do one together and you can carry me on your back!

    ReplyDelete